Wednesday, September 3, 2014

The Day of Twelve

Writing Challenge Day 12: Someone You Miss

          Remember that post, way back in 2012, I was sad about a boy who broke my heart? It was on Memorial Day and I cried on the bus. Looking back, I wish I hadn't. I don't think it was worth it. Not that he wasn't worth it, because he definitely is. He's a great guy and I'll always love him to death, but it wasn't worth bringing myself down. Anyway, that's what I miss. My friend. We haven't spoken (or texted, or whatever) since my 'birthday party' (that I had to plan, by the way) way back during Christmas break. And it's just really sad, because he used to be one of my best friends and now he's a stranger to me. I miss him a lot and I think about him almost every day.

         But.

         It's okay, you know? I miss him terribly, but I don't think we're meant to be friends. I think he was just someone who was supposed to be there for me when I needed him. And that's the thing...I don't need him anymore. I think I'll always miss him, but I don't think I need him in my life anymore. Is any of this making sense? Or am I just rambling? Probably a little bit of both.

No comments:

Post a Comment