Wednesday, September 10, 2014

Day Number Seventeen

Writing Challenge Day #17: What is Your Love Language?
          I didn't know what my love language was. So, I went to 5lovelanguages.com and took a quiz. My results weren't very surprising. It ranked my the love languages highest to lowest, highest being my love language and lowest being...not my love language. Let's start with the bottom, shall we? Alright...Love Language number five is......

          Acts of Service! Essentially this has to do with the whole 'actions speak louder than words' thing. People that have this as their language don't need to hear 'I love you', they need you to prove it by doing things for them. I am not surprised that this ranked lowest for me. I don't like it when people do things for me. One, I usually would rather just do it myself, and two, I always feel like I have to return the favor. I don't like being indebted to other people.

          My second last love language is....Receiving Gifts. Also not surprised that this one is in the bottom. I hate getting gifts. Well. No, that's not quite true. I like getting things, but I don't like it when people are watching me receive things, which makes me not want presents..you know what I mean? I'm just not very good at reacting. So feel free to send me something in the mail, where I can open it by myself, and then get back to you later about how much I love it.

          This one would seem awfully high on the list if it weren't for the bottom two. Can you guess what it is? Physical Touch. If you know me, you know that I am not a touchy person. I don't like holding hands (you know who you are...) and hugs can only last a maximum of five seconds. Well, I take that back. For most people, hugs can't last longer than five seconds. There are a select few where I would be okay hugging for maybe ten seconds, fifteen tops. Also, nobody touches my feet or shoulders. Ever. So back rubs and foot rubs are out of the equation. Now you know, if you ever meet me, don't touch me.

          Now, my top two love languages. These ones make sense, at least to me. Love language number two is Words of Affirmation. According to focusonthefamily.com, this one is described as 'spoken praise and appreciation will fall like rain on parched soil', and I totally agree with it. I personally have low self-esteem and I find it hard to fathom the idea of people liking me. So hearing people say the love me means a lot, you know? I feel like this is self explanatory...I like to hear that I'm loved.

         Are you ready for number one? My top love language is.......Quality Time!! Again, I am not surprised at all. To me, there is no better way to show me that you care than to put your freaking phone away and give me your undivided attention. That's all I ask for. I just like to spend time with the people I love. You don't need to do things for me or give me things. Just spend time with me and give me your attention. And for the love of my sanity, put the phone away.

"I cannot fix on the hour, or the look, or the words, which laid the foundation. It is too long ago. I was in the middle before I knew that I had begun." -Mr. Darcy, Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen


No comments:

Post a Comment