Friday, September 26, 2014

Day 24

Writing Challenge Day #24: What is your truest fear? (Excluding spiders and horror films)
          I'm afraid of a lot of things. I'm afraid dark forests, pigs, being lifted by other people, and small dark places. I'm also afraid of spiders, not so much horror films though. I'm afraid of dying with my eyes closed. (If I'm going to die, I want my eyes to be open. I know, it's a weird fear, but that's what I'm afraid of.) I'm afraid that I won't take opportunities (like Ireland) because I'm too afraid. But that's not my biggest fear. Or truest, or whatever. I am mostly afraid of being entirely alone. I mean, I love having the house to myself as much as the next person. But only for so long. And when I say alone, I mean both physically being the only person, like the last person on Earth and being alone, but surrounded by people. Does that even make sense? In my head it does. Let me try again...I'm afraid of being unwanted by everyone around me, of being a complete outcast. That scares me more than being the last person on Earth. I've even had several nightmares about it. Usually they involve me waking up one day to find that no one will speak to me or even look at me, as if I didn't exist. But I know that they know that I am there, I'm just not important enough to be worth even a glance. I hate those dreams. But yeah, that's my biggest fear.


“She had blue skin,
And so did he.
He kept it hid
And so did she.
They searched for blue
Their whole life through,
Then passed right by-
And never knew.”  -Every Thing On It by Shel Silverstein 

No comments:

Post a Comment