Wednesday, October 1, 2014

It's October!

          Happy October everyone! (This is one of my favorite months, and not just because of my birthday. I just love fall!! Hooray sweatshirt weather!) Anyway, I apologize for not being very diligent in my blog writing lately. Things have slightly hectic. Which is why, instead of doing the writing challenge today, I've decided I'd give you an update on my life.
          I finally got new strings for my cello, but one of them is too short and I have to go back and have someone fix it, because I don't know how. The good new is that I can play Hot Cross Buns, Mary Had a Little Lamb, and part of Amazing Grace. I know, not very impressive...but I'll get better! I mean, it took me twelve years to be as good as I am at piano.
          Remember that job interview I had awhile back? I got the job! I'm training this week and then I get to start on Monday. I get my own set of keys and a fancy name tag, which is exciting. But I think the part I'm most excited for is being able to work with other people. I'll finally have a job that isn't lonely! The few times I've been there, everyone has been so nice and I really am excited to start working (and learn everyone's names...)
          I have officially decided to apply for the Ireland trip. I am both nervous and excited, for the same reason. What if I'm accepted? Of course that will be very exciting, but that means I'll actually have to decide if I'm going or not. The deadline for application is November 21st. I'm not sure when I'll know if I'm accepted, but I will definitely inform you all if I go. Or if I don't. Regardless, you will know if I will be staying in Michigan or heading to the beautiful Ireland.
          Let's see, what else is new with me? My birthday is in two weeks and two days. I know, exciting stuff. Personally, I'm hoping for a cake. With frosting and candles. And money to go to Ireland. Sigh...it is so hard to do things when all I can think about is Ireland. Of course, you all are thinking, just go! You obviously want to! Yes, yes I do want to. I just need to put a lot of thought into it and obsess about it for awhile. Anyway. Things new with me...I got 100% on a Stats test, which is a new feeling for me. I've never gotten 100% on a math test ever (excluding 8th grade and down). I've actually always felt rather stupid because all of my friends are freakishly smart. But now that I'm in college, I feel like a freaking genius. And I'm not sure how I feel about that.
          Okay...something else...I'm reading a new book. It's called Death Comes to Pemberley and so far it is dreadfully boring. But it has Mr. Darcy and Elizabeth, so I have to finish it. Also, Colonel Fitzwilliam is an awful character in this variation of Pride and Prejudice, so if you like him at all, don't read it. Who knows, maybe it'll get better. I'm only about halfway through, so I'll let you know if it gets any better. I really hope it does. In the meantime, here's a quote to keep you occupied.

"Words, in my humble opinion, are the most inexhaustible source of magic we have." Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows by J.K. Rowling

No comments:

Post a Comment