Sunday, October 5, 2014

I Have Other Things to Write About Today

          So I found this list of '100 Things to do Before You Die' on Pinterest, and I was curious to see how much I have done. I shall copy down the list here, with comments next to the ones I have done or the ones I want to do. I don't know, I will mix in some of my words among the list.


  1. Set foot on all continents (I actually don't have much ambition to do this...)
  2. Live in 2 different countries with completely different cultures
  3. Solve a Rubik's cube (These frustrate the crap out of me. Solving one would be a miracle.)
  4. Learn at least one foreign language (I'm taking Spanish classes right now...do I have to be fluent?)
  5. Swim with whale sharks
  6. Get drunk at least once in your life (nope. I do not want to do this. I find the whole thing rather stupid)
  7. Bungee jump (NO.)
  8. Do the Mongol Rally (not really sure what this is...)
  9. Swim with dolphins
  10. Go on a Safari
  11. Learn how to surf (Who's the one teaching me? ;o)
  12. Scuba dive (maybe. I might be able to do this)
  13. Fly on an airplane (I've done this! So that's one out of one hundred.)
  14. Give a public speech.
  15. Get your body in the ultimate shape at least once in your life (I'm working on it...ran 2.1 miles today!)
  16. Run a marathon (...but it's so long! How about a 5k? I can do that.)
  17. Run a triathlon (That could be cool.)
  18. Hot air ballooning
  19. Ride a motorcycle (I've done this too! My dad used to have one.)
  20. Sing to an audience (I have also done this, mostly at church. I sang the National Anthem at a little league championship game once.
  21. Volunteer 6 months abroad
  22. Have your own business
  23. Fish and eat your catch (I don't like fish...)
  24. Own a pet (Do I personally have to own it? My family has a dog and a cat.)
  25. Renew your vows (Haven't made any yet, so...)
  26. Watch the top 10 movies of all time (Is there a list out there somewhere? What are the top ten movie of all time?)
  27. Go white water rafting
  28. Try rock climbing
  29. Dive into the water from a cliff (I would not do this solely because I would feel like Bella Swan.)
  30. Learn how to make Sushi (I don't have to eat it, right?)
  31. Go to Disney World (I have done this!)
  32. Learn how to sail (Yes! Yes! YES!)
  33. Paint and frame your painting (How about a sketch?)
  34. Help a stranger in distress
  35. Ride a roller coaster (unfortunately, I have done this. Not a fan.)
  36. Drive the Autobahn (What?)
  37. Spend Christmas on the beach (No...that would feel wrong. Christmas should have pine trees and snow.)
  38. Get your B.A. (Yep, eventually.)
  39. Find a job you love or create the job you love (That would be really nice.) 
  40. Read the top 5 novels of all time (Again, is there a list? Because I definitely would do this.)
  41. Sleep under the stars
  42. Made a fool of yourself (Done.)
  43. Drive across an entire country (A small country, hopefully)
  44. See a Solar Eclipse
  45. Spend the night in a haunted place (I would actually be okay with that)
  46. Learn how to play a musical instrument. (Piano, flute, piccolo, and now working on cello...check!)
  47. Drink a beer at the Oktoberfest (You know...I might do that. Just one.)
  48. Sleep in an igloo (With a space heater I hope)
  49. Brew your own beer (Nah.)
  50. Go to the Superbowl (Nope. Just nope.)
  51. Go to the Olympics, summer or winter (ok, maybe)
  52. Write a book (You all know how much I would love to do that! I should actually get to working on that now.)
  53. Plant a tree
  54. Learn how to dance (I can line dance.)
  55. Ride a camel in the desert (Why am I in a desert!?)
  56. Ride an elephant (I actually did this once, when I was very young, at a circus)
  57. Grow a beard at least once in your life (I'm a girl, so...I made a beard out of my hair once, does that count?)
  58. Shave your hair off (No.)
  59. Go skinny dipping (No way, Jose)
  60. Go to your favorite band's concert 
  61. Climb a mountain
  62. Learn how to swim (I have done this.)
  63. Party until sunrise (you mean...with people? All night? And no sleeping? Ugh.)
  64. Go wild at La Tomatina (Don't know what that is...but I don't 'go wild'. I just don't.)
  65. Go to the Opera
  66. Cross a country using public transportation
  67. Get to know your neighbors (Definitely done. Maybe a little too much.)
  68. Travel around the world
  69. Backpack through another country
  70. Go camping 
  71. Feed a homeless person
  72. Take a class you've always wanted (Creative writing!!)
  73. Own a sports car (just a car would be nice)
  74. Go skiing (I love skiing!!! So much fun)
  75. Shoot a gun (I don't mean to brag, but I killed a chipmunk with a pellet gun once)
  76. Trek to Machu Pichu (Trek cannot mean anything other than Star Trek. It just can't. Are we beaming ourselves to Machu Pichu?)
  77. Visit Angkor Wat (...huh?)
  78. See the Iguazu Falls (I feel super ignorant. I don't know any of these places.)
  79. Go Kayaking (I have also done this)
  80. Dance at the Carnival in Rio (I guess if I was there, maybe.)
  81. See a glacier
  82. Take a bath in a hot spring
  83. Try to beat a world record (Meh. I'm just no that competitive.)
  84. Go to a drive-in movie theatre. (I would love to do this, I really would)
  85. Ride a gondola in Venice (YES!)
  86. See the Eiffel Tower (Alright, I know this one. And I wouldn't mind seeing it.
  87. Fly a kite (Done.)
  88. Solve a jigsaw puzzle (Also done.)
  89. Be an extra in a movie (My brother was almost an extra in the Batman vs. Superman movie...or is it Superman vs. Batman?)
  90. Dance the Macarena (Yep. High school dances covered that one)
  91. Eat fried oreos/twinkies/cheesecake (How about pickles? I've had those.)
  92. Float in the Dead Sea (For some reason, that does not sound pleasant.)
  93. Travel at least once by train (And then I can be like all of my favorite fictional characters)
  94. Go on a cruise (it's not going to sink, is it?)
  95. See the Northern Lights
  96. Travel by yourself (...Ireland?? Hopefully.)
  97. Ride a horse (I took horse riding lessons once.)
  98. Fall in love. (Fine.)
  99. Learn how to juggle (I can juggle two things...but I'm not sure that counts)
  100. Feel like the happiest person on Earth (I cannot wait for that day)
Well, if you stuck with it through all 100 items, good for you! I probably wouldn't have. I ran 2.1 miles today. It kind of sucked, considering I haven't run in a month now. But I didn't stop during the whole run and that was my goal. Run and don't stop. I've signed up to do another 5K with one of my friends. This one will be on Thanksgiving, so I'll get a long sleeved t-shirt and I'll be able to stuff my face later. Oh, the joys of life. I shall continue with the writing challenge tomorrow!

"The monsters of the mind are far worse than those that actually exist." Brisingr by Christopher Paolini

No comments:

Post a Comment