Monday, September 8, 2014

Day Fifteen


Writing Challenge Day #15: A Place You Would Like to Move to or Visit


Stonepath
          I'm going to start this challenge off by saying that none of the pictures on this post are mine. I found them on Pinterest, and they are beautiful. If I knew who took them, I'd give them credit. As it is, I don't. So if you see a picture you or someone you know has taken on this post, feel free to comment and give them credit for it. And now I shall begin.
Rock of Cashel
          I want to go to Ireland, so bad. It is a beautiful place filled with beautiful people (and some not so beautiful...but every place has those, I guess.) And I love Irish music. It just makes me very happy. I especially love Flogging Molly, The Dubliners, and The Pogues.
          So. Ireland. Of course I would like to see Dublin and the Dublin Writers Museum. I want to see the Mourne Mountains and the Fanad Lighthouse in Donegal and the Tollymore Forest Park and the Stonepath in Newcastle and the dark hedges...I want to go to the Rock of Cashel. Guys, this place is amazing. Do you realize that the Rock of Cashel is where St. Patrick converted the people of Ireland to Catholicism? That is so freaking awesome and I want to go there so bad! I want to see all of the beauty of Ireland for myself instead of through pictures. I really want to. But I am in my first year of college, which means I don't have the money to go. I wish I didn't have to worry about the money. I wish I could just pack a bag, go to the airport, and buy the first ticket I can to get to Ireland. Someday, hopefully, I'll get there.

Dark Hedges




"He was a professor, a lover of stories, and he was building her a library in the same way other men might build their daughters houses." -The Statistical Probability of Love at First Sight by Jennifer E. Smith


No comments:

Post a Comment