Tuesday, September 9, 2014

The Sixteenth Day

Writing Challenge Day #16: Something You Regret Not Doing This Past Year

          There are quite a few things that I regret not doing this year. I regret not running every day. I sort of regret not going to the winter formal. Not that much though...I'm not a huge fan of those. Let's see...what else do I regret not doing? I think that my problem is I don't usually regret not doing something. I tend to regret things I've done. Anyway, I think the thing I regret not doing the most is not really being there for a few friends. I was very close with three of them, but the other two? Not so much. It's not that I didn't like them, because I do. It's just...they didn't need me. And I suppose I didn't really need them. I definitely could have tried harder to stay close to them, but I already had the friends I needed, the ones that really helped me get through the past year. They were the ones that were there for for me. So I guess what I'm saying it's, I regret not trying hard enough to be close to my other friends. It's my biggest regret, because they are great people and I would love to be as close to them as I used to be. But I am pretty good at shutting people out and retreating into myself when things start to be rough. And I really regret it and I'm sorry.

"That was the thing. You never got used to it, the idea of someone being gone. Just when you think it's reconciled, accepted, someone points it out to you, and it just hits you all over again, that shocking." -The Truth About Forever by Sarah Dessen

No comments:

Post a Comment