Sunday, September 7, 2014

Day of Fourteen

Writing Challenge Day 14: Your Relationship With Food
          Oh boy...food. I love to eat it, I love to make it, and I love to smell it, and I love to look at it. Food is beautiful. But...I also hate it. I hate when I eat too much, I hate that my favorite foods are all unhealthy (except strawberries. I love strawberries.), I hate that I have a low metabolism and can't eat all the food I want to. For example, the other night I had a bag of popcorn and about four cookies, which was delicious at the time, so good. But I ended up having a horrible stomach ache and a headache that didn't go away until halfway through the next day. And I expected it...I knew it was going to happen, but the cookies were just so darn good!! I'm usually pretty good at eating healthy though. I've swapped crackers out for almonds, dessert for granola bars, and cheese for apples. That's usually what my lunch consists of. And generally I'll eat some kind of healthy cereal for breakfast, although sometimes I'll cave and eat a bagel. (Blueberry is the best!) Dinner varies...usually some kind of chicken. Speaking of chicken...remember that list of things to do before my next birthday? Well I made something that was on my food board on Pinterest...chicken and broccoli stir fry. And it was delicious! Not trying to brag or anything. I also decided that I want to end my posts with quotes from my favorite books and authors. So that's what I shall do.

"The world is not in your books and maps. It's out there." -The Hobbit

No comments:

Post a Comment