Friday, September 12, 2014

Nineteen.

Writing Challenge Day #19: What's in Your Bag?
          My purse, or my backpack? I'll do both. In my backpack, I have my stats book, binder, folder, and notebook. I have a folder for environmental science. I also have The Fellowship of the Ring as well as two other, smaller notebooks. And an umbrella, my wallet, and a lunch bag. And that's just the big pocket! In the middle pocket I have a broken mini stapler and a picture, I think. In my smallest pocket, I have a calculator, three pens, a bag of almonds, and some leaves from the costume for Little Shop of Horrors (don't ask...) I believe that's all that's in my backpack.
         In the inside pocket of my purse, I have four bookmarks that I took from a library, three dollars, and a receipt from Meijer. In the main pocket, I have headphones, ten dollars, movie tickets (The Fault in Our Stars, Guardians of the Galaxy, and Maleficent), my planner, and my checkbook. In the smallest, front pocket I have random change, which consists mostly of pennies.

         I'm sorry this is so terribly short. I don't really have anything interesting in either of my bags. On a random note, it is very cold in Michigan, considering how warm it was not that long ago, and I am wearing two pairs of socks, sweatpants, a long sleeved t-shirt, and a sweatshirt (my Harry Potter sweatshirt, of course :o). And I am snuggled in a very fuzzy blanket that I got last year for Christmas. Needless to say, I am very cold. I despite the fact that the season of perpetually cold feet is coming up, I'm kind of excited. Or really excited. I love Christmas! And I can't wait for the first snow and the first time we turn on the fireplace and when Christmas music starts playing on the radio...And I have a bit of a confession...I'm actually listening to Christmas music as I type this. I'm home alone and I didn't want to wait until November. So judge me if you want, but I'm enjoying myself! Also, I had an interview today. I was so nervous that I could barely eat breakfast (you know how I am with people) and even now that it's over, I still can't eat lunch. It was very nerve wrecking, but I think it went well. The lady who interviewed me was very nice and made me feel more at ease. I think I might actually have a shot at this one...I'll keep you posted!

"It is a strange thing, but when you are dreading something, and would give anything to slow down time, it has a disobliging habit of speeding up." -Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire by J.K. Rowling


No comments:

Post a Comment