Thursday, September 18, 2014

The Twenty First Day

Writing Challenge Day #21: Your Favorite TV Show
       
          I have a handful of TV shows that I watch. I watch Falling Skies, which I actually don't enjoy, but I've been watching it from the beginning and I can't stop now. And there's only one more season, so it'll be over soon. I also have 'The Big Five', which are all contest shows, for lack of a better term. 'The Big Five' includes America's Got Talent (Mat Franco won! He was my favorite of the top 6, so I'm glad he won.), American Idol, American Ninja Warrior, Survivor, and Face Off. I enjoy all of these shows, mostly, but none of them are my favorite. My favorite TV show, easily, is The Walking Dead. It was a show that I originally wouldn't have watched. And I wasn't planning on it either. My brother just happened to be watching the first episode while I was doing homework. So, of course, I watched it instead of doing homework. And at first, I couldn't stomach it. I had to close my eyes during the gory scenes (and have my brother tell me when they were over). It was a disgusting show. But for some reason, I watched the next episode. And the next one after that. It was so addicting. And I eventually built up my gore tolerance. And they just got more intense and more disturbing. It comes back on October 12! I am slightly excited for season 5. I also don't like Carl. And I think that's all I've got to say on that.

*Edit* I may have lied unintentionally. While I do love Walking Dead, I really do, I don't think it's my favorite TV show. There is one other show that I forgot about entirely, probably because it's series finale was in 2004. You know what I'm talking about? Friends. I think it is the best show ever and I'm just sad that there won't ever be new episodes (unless by some chance they do Friends: The Nursing Home Years, which, however entertaining it might be, isn't very likely to happen.) So number one favorite TV show? Friends. Number one favorite TV couple? Monica and Chandler. (Sorry Jim and Pam, I like them better) Number one favorite TV character that Jennifer Aniston has played? Rachel Green. I also really like the theme song.

"It takes ten times as long to put yourself back together as it does to fall apart." -Mockingjay

No comments:

Post a Comment