Thursday, September 25, 2014

Ireland, again.

          Alright guys...I was supposed to write about my truest fear for the writing challenge. But I can't. My mind is far too occupied elsewhere, Ireland specifically. Shall I tell you my dilemma? There is a study abroad program through my college to go to Ireland for a little less than three weeks. And what is the program, you ask? Literature. This is like MY trip. This is the trip for me. And, as far as study abroad programs go, not that costly. I really, really, reeeallly want to go. Ireland, guys! IRELAND!

          (I'm not seeing the dilemma here...)

          Sorry, I'm getting to that. I really want to go, BUT I have some cons. I've never traveled outside of the country before (Canada does not count), and that terrifies me. I would be without anyone I know, which also terrifies me. I would have to miss my brother's graduation (but hey, my older brother missed mine, so..). While the trip isn't terribly expensive, it's not terribly cheap either. And I'm only a college freshman. The trip is open to all students, but I feel like freshmen don't belong on these sorts of things. Am I right? But I want to go so bad! Guys, this is Ireland, the one place I want to go more than anywhere else (closely followed by New Zealand). I am just very torn on this. If there is anyone that reads this other than my Franco Fan, I could use some advice. (Advice from Franco Fan is more than welcome, of course. And just so you know, I will always refer to you as Franco Fan on here now. Congratulations.) I will now put on a picture from Ireland so we can take a moment to sigh wistfully. Let the sighing commence.

"All that is gold does not glitter,

Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

From the ashes a fire shall be woken,
A light from the shadows shall spring;
Renewed shall be blade that was broken,
The crownless again shall be king.”

-Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring by J.R.R. Tolkein

No comments:

Post a Comment