Saturday, August 30, 2014

Day Eleven

          First off, I would like to apologize to you guys. I was sad yesterday, and sometimes it's okay to be sad, but it wasn't fair to inflict my doom and gloom on you. I am feeling a bit better today. Still not my usual awesome self, but today I can breathe. So that's good, right? And now that that's out of the way, I think it's time to move on with the challenge, shall we?

Writing Challenge Day 11: Put your iPod on Shuffle and write down the first Ten Songs

          This isn't much of a challenge, so maybe I'll tell you something about each song and why it's on my iPod.

  1.  I Saw a Light by The Band Perry -I love The Band Perry, so of course they're on my iPod. This is actually one of my favorite songs on the CD. 
  2. Deliver Us from The Prince of Egypt -This song is from one of my favorite movies ever! It is such a powerful song it is one of the few that I will crank up the volume for. Love it, love it, love it!
  3. The Shadow of the Past by Howard Shore -Lord of the Rings, guys. Come on, of course this is on my iPod.
  4. Daniel in the Den by Bastille -I just borrowed this CD from my friend two nights ago. This isn't my favorite on the CD, but it's pretty high up there. Probably 4th or 5th on the list of favorites.
  5. Over by Johnnyswim -Johnnyswim isn't a very well known band, but they're good. I think one of their songs (Home) was on CMT a few weeks ago, which maybe means people will know who I'm talking about when I talk about them.
  6. The House That Built Me by Miranda Lambert -I don't care if you don't like country. This song can mean something to anyone who listens to it. This is, in my opinion, Miranda Lambert's best song.
  7. Do You Hear The People Sing? from Les Miserables -Do you hear the people sing, singing a song of angry men...it is the music of the people who will not be slaves again!
  8. I See the Light from Tangled -Disney rocks, obviously. Also, Eugene Fitzherbert is my cartoon crush.
  9. Hurt by Johnny Cash -I don't even know what to say about this one. I love Johnny Cash, I love this song...this has been a song that reminds me that others have felt worse pain.
  10. Captain America March by Alan Silvestri -This is obviously from Captain America, which just so happens to be my favorite of the Avengers. We played this song at my last band concert. So this song makes me sad now. A bittersweet sad, really. I miss band and all the people. 
Well...I think I listen to to many movie soundtracks...oh well, that's the best music anyway. Especially the end to Harry Potter and the Sorcerer 's Stone, which is what I'm listening to right now. Alright guys, it's time for me to get cracking on my Spanish homework. ¡Hasta Luego!

No comments:

Post a Comment