Wednesday, August 6, 2014

The Third Day

  (So, I actually started writing this yesterday, but never got to finish it. So my day in detail is yesterday's day, not today.)

Writing Challenge Day 3: Describe Your Day in Detail

          I woke up this morning at 5:40. This first thing I did was get dressed. Then I packed my bag for the day, which included my phone, my kindle (which is what I'm using to do this), my kindle charger, a notebook and pen, and Sleeping Beauty on DVD. Then I drove to my aunt's house and I honestly don't remember most of the drive. When I got to her house, Mr. Man woke up (which is what I call the 5 month old) and he was hungry. I feed him, burped him, and put him in his bouncy seat. The bouncy seat has music and such, but it's low on battery, so whenever it's turned on, it sounds like a demented clown. Not really something you want to hear before the sun is up. So we chilled together until 7:30, when triplet numero uno wandered in, asking for milk. The other two woke up 15-20 minutes later. (They will be 4 years old in a few months!) We watched Special Agent Oso until breakfast. (I wanted to watch Rolie Polie Olie, but I was outvoted. Again.) They had multi-grain cheerios for breakfast and I had a slice of peanut butter toast. After breakfast we colored and made straight lines with the new rulers that the girls got. They were so excited! However, then Mr. Man started getting fussy, so I turned on Toy Story for the girls to watch while I tended to him. He did not stop crying. For three hours. So I just put him in his bed and let him cry while I made lunch (chicken salad sandwiches, cucumbers, and grapes for the girls, milk for Mr. Man). They ate, he ate, I cried a little. Mr. Man fell asleep after he drank his bottle, (a miracle!) and I used that time to get the girls settled for their nap and to clean up the kitchen.

          Around 1:30, I was about to make myself some lunch when I heard the terrifying sound of a baby crying. Resigned to the fact that I probably wouldn't get any food until I left, I went and got him. So, two more hours of crying later, the girls woke up an hour too early. They had a 'picnic' in the living room while I was in Mr. Man's room trying to get him to fall asleep. Nothing worked! So we cried together some more. I put him back in his bouncy seat and we was strangely calm until right before my aunt got home. She came home to full out disaster. I was holding a crying baby and trying to separate two of the girls, who were fighting and yelling at each other, while the third one was singing to herself as loud as she could. I helped my aunt bring in groceries and I couldn't just leave her with the apocalypse raging in her house, so I held Mr. Man and distracted the girls while she got dinner on the table and, just like magic, he fell asleep in my arms. It was a victorious moment. I put him in his bed, chatted with my aunt a bit, listed to my stomach growling. You know, the usual.

          I finally left at quarter after six and, although I live a mere twenty minutes from my aunt's house, I couldn't wait any more to eat and I stopped at McDonald's. I was tempted to order a happy meal, but I didn't want a Barbie toy. So, I got the McDouble and small fries instead. And a water. It was the best thing all day. I took a relaxing drive home, hoping I'd see my high school's band out practicing for Tuesday night rehearsal, half wishing I could be out there with them. I got home and looked up jobs to apply to with my dad (no luck) and then went in my basement to do some weightlifting. (I suck at it). I gave up on weightlifting because I was tired and went upstairs to play some piano. Speaking of which, I recently mastered a piece that I love! I should put it up...it's Dark Night of the Soul by Philip Wesley. After I played piano, I watched American Ninja Warrior and fell asleep about 10 minutes after I started watching it. I woke up again at 10:30 and again just before midnight. And that is where my day stops. Rough, but still good. Now hopefully I can get caught up on my writing challenge! Day four, here I come!

No comments:

Post a Comment