Thursday, August 7, 2014

I've Actually Made it Five Days

Writing Challenge Day 5: Three Things You Like About Your Personality

          Well. Three things I like about my personality...I guess I like my ability to crack a joke. Although usually my jokes are just misguided sarcasm. And my sarcasm has been mistaken for seriousness on several occasions. So I guess it's not the best quality, but hey, it's something.
          Another thing I like....I like...you know, I don't really know. I've never really thought about the parts I like. I usually focus on what I hate, on what makes me not want to be me. I always thought I was too stubborn, so I decided to just go along with what everyone else wanted. But my stubbornness could have been determination. I can be determined when I want to be. So I guess that's a good thing.
          Alright, one more good thing. Man, shouldn't this be easy? Aren't people supposed to be at least a little narcissistic? Well hey, I suppose that's a good thing I always think of anyone and everyone else before myself. Although that's turned out to be a bad thing. I'm so afraid of being someone that I'm always the one that ends up hurt. So I guess I don't really like that part of myself. I wish I were more selfish. I wish a lot of things that just aren't true about me.
          Goodness. One more thing. This shouldn't be as hard as I'm making it. (Another thing I don't like...I think to much.) I guess I like my ability to be alone. I don't really require the company of others that much. I could go quite awhile on my own. I suppose that's not necessarily a good thing, but I like that I don't have to really on other people. I don't think I'll ever be an extrovert, and that's okay. Which makes me want to end this with a Wreck-it-Ralph quote: I'm bad. And that's good. I will never be good and that's not bad. There's no one I'd rather be, than me.

No comments:

Post a Comment