Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Day 7: Nostalgia

Day 7: Nostalgia

          Before I begin, I'd just like to explain that I lent out my copy of Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets (or rather, my sister did without informing me first. Yes, I'm slightly bitter.) Anyway, onto the challenge. There is no other book that can instill the amount of nostalgia in me than the Harry Potter series. I grew up with Harry, Ron, Hermione, and the rest of the gang. I remember heading out in the middle of the night to wait in long lines for the books. And then I waited rather impatiently for all of the movies to come out. Regrettably, I never saw a midnight showing. Harry, Ron, and Hermione were there during almost every stage of my life...until it ended. I remember very clearly going to see  Pirates of the Caribbean: On Stranger Tides with my friends and seeing the posters for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part Two. I was so excited, looking at the intense faces of the characters that very much felt real to me. Then I read the posters. "It all ends here," they said. Poster after poster after poster...it all ends here. That's when it hit me that the excitement was almost over. That's also about when the nostalgia started to hit me whenever I'd see anything Harry Potter related. I've probably read each book at least twenty times, watched the movies over and over again, and listened to the soundtracks endlessly. But it won't end there, not for me. After all, "Hogwarts will always be there to welcome you home."



"Things we lose have a way of coming back to us in the end, if not always in the way we expect." -Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix by J.K. Rowling

No comments:

Post a Comment