Tuesday, June 16, 2015

Book Challenge Day 7

Day 7: Awkward Character
There is no other character that I can think of that is so overly described as awkward, but is never actually even abnormally awkward, than Bella Swan from Stephanie Meyer's Twilight Saga. Bella consistently describes herself as plain and awkward and uncoordinated and ordinary...to the point where it gets exhausting. Now, I'd be cool with her describing herself as such if she were only actually as awkward as she says she is. This is proven wrong by the entire population of Forks. Everyone, the Y Chromosomes in particular, are completely enamored by this 'awkward' teenage girl. I am from a town smaller than Forks, so I know the excitement a new student can bring. However, if someone as plain and boring as Bella says she is showed up in my town, the excitement wouldn't last a week. Sorry Bella, you just aren't as awkward as you think you are.


"I decided as long as I'm going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly."-Twilight by Stephenie Meyer

No comments:

Post a Comment