Thursday, November 27, 2014

Happy Thanksgiving!

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! Today I ran the Turkey Trot 5k, which I didn't exactly trained for. I ran 2.5 miles on Tuesday, but that doesn't count as training. That was just a test to see if I would die trying to run this thing. Thankfully, I didn't (I actually ran about 4 minutes faster than I thought I would). Speaking of thankfulness, today I am going to compile a list of things I am thankful for, you know, because this is a holiday specifically for giving thanks (and not gluttony, as some would believe).

I am thankful for:

  • My family...they really are the best. I love 'em to death and I am so thankful that I have a good relationship with all of them, parents included.
  • My wonderful friends. You guys know who you are. I wouldn't be the person I am without weirdos like you to be there every step of the way. 
  • My dog. She's getting up there in years and I am going to be very sad the day she passes. I've grown up with her. 
  • My job. I am so thankful to have a job that I actually like to go to. I never think 'oh man, I have to go to work again. I just went yesterday!' It's actually for school that I think that. 
  • My legs. Even if I don't run that often, I still actually kind of like to do it. I'm thankful that my legs are strong enough to run a 5k without training. (I must say, I'm pretty lucky)
  • My fingers. I don't know what I would do if I couldn't play piano. Whenever I'm stressed, I go to the piano...when I'm sad, I play piano. If I'm really happy, I play piano. Basically, if I feel anything, I play my piano. If I could take it everywhere I went, I would.
  • Being able to grow up with Harry Potter. I know it's kind of lame, but I am thankful for it. They're great books to read regardless of when you read them, but I'm thankful that I got to be a part of the Potter generation.
  • The delicious strawberry salad that my grandma makes every year for Thanksgiving. Oh my word, I could eat it all day.
  • The seasons. As much as I complain about Michigan winters, I'm glad we have them. Christmas wouldn't be the same without snow, just as football season wouldn't be the same without the changing leaves (not that I'm really a fan of football anyway, but I do like the wings that come with it!)
  • My childhood. I had a wonderful childhood, which is more than can be said for most people. My childhood was filled with playing outside, neighborhood capture the flag (usually played with shoes rather than flags), lemonade stands, catching crayfish, and creek parties (campfire with the whole neighborhood at our creek, plenty of food to go around!)
  • Where I live. My neighborhood is pretty much the ideal neighborhood. We lived in the country, but our houses weren't a mile apart and we only lived a mile from town (easy biking distance). There were plenty of kids to play with when I was younger and plenty of space to run. Our road is pretty useless unless you live on it, so there was minimal traffic. A creek ran behind all of our houses, which was also fun to play in. I just have a great neighborhood and I'm thankful for that.
  • For my most faithful reader. I love you, Franco Fan. Thanks for reading. It's nice to know at least someone cares what I write. If I ever get a book published, your name is going to be the first one listed in the Author's Note at the end (and it's going to actually be your name too, not just 'Franco Fan')
  • For all my other readers (if you're out there). I don't know if anyone else reads what I write. But if you do, thank you. And I hope you enjoy reading it.

I am thankful for quite a bit more, but this is all I'm going to put on my list. In other news, I am currently reading East of Eden. It's a bigger book than any of the others I've made reviews for and it's a slower read. So, I'm not really sure when you'll get your next review. I hope to finish it before December 16 though (I've got to set a deadline!) I hope everyone has a happy Thanksgiving. Until next time!


“The poor man shuddered, overflowed with an angelic joy; he declared in his transport that this would last through life; he said to himself that he really had not suffered enough to deserve such radiant happiness, and he thanked God, in the depths of his soul, for having permitted that he, a miserable man, should be so loved by this innocent being.” -Les Miserables by Victor Hugo




No comments:

Post a Comment