Wednesday, March 29, 2017

10 Quotes from The Wrath and the Dawn

I just finished reading The Wrath and the Dawn by Renee Ahdieh and I loved it. I can't formulate a review right now because my mind is still lost in the pages, but here are some quotes that I marked while I was reading it.


1. "What are you doing to me, you plague of a girl?" he whispered.
      "If I'm a plague, then you should keep your distance, unless you plan on being destroyed." The weapons still in her grasp, she shoved against his chest.
      "No." His hands dropped to her waist. "Destroy me."

2. "The more a person pushes others away, the clearer it becomes he is in need of love the most."

3. "When you meet the one who makes you smile as you've never smiled before, cry as you've never cried before...there is nothing to do but fall."

4. "She was a dangerous, dangerous girl. A plague. A Mountain of Adamant who tore the iron from ships, sinking them to their watery graves without a second thought. With a mere smile and a wrinkle of her nose."

5. "Love is a force unto itself, sayyidi. For love, people consider the unthinkable...and often achieve the impossible. I would not sneer at its power."

6. "A shared history does not entitle you to a future, my friend."

7. "I know love is fragile. And loving someone like you is near impossible. Like holding something shattered through a raging sandstorm. If you want her to love you, shelter her from that storm...and make certain that storm isn't you."

8. "Tonight is a night to turn heads. Make them remember you. Make sure they never forget. You are the Calipha of Khorasan, and you have the ear of a king." Despina put her hand on Shahrzad's shoulder and grinned at their shared reflection. "More important, you have his heart." She bent forward and lowered her voice. "And most important, you are a fearsome thing to behold in your own right."

9. "The worst kind of liethe kind shrouded in good intentions. The kind cowards use to justify their weakness."

10. "And how will you know when you've found the elusive someone?"
    "I suspect she will be like air. Like knowing how to breathe."

No comments:

Post a Comment