Thursday, April 16, 2015

Book Challenge

          Hello, hello. Yes, I know I haven't really had anything exciting for you lately. Never fear, I have found another challenge! This one is a book photo challenge, but I will talk about the book(s) in the photo and why I chose said book(s). Sound good? Of course it does!

Day 1: Currently Reading

         How can I possibly be reading so many books, you ask? Well, I very much like to read and I happen to be taking classes that require a lot of reading. Starting from the bottom, I've got a textbook (Classics of Children's Literature, 6th Edition). It was quite a wide variety of fairy tales, poems, and novels in it. Currently, I'm reading The Adventures of Tom Sawyer out of it. Next is my sister's copy of The Chronicles of Narnia. I am just starting The Voyage of the Dawn Treader. Next is Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close, which I am unfortunately still on the first chapter. I fill finish it, Franco Fan! And of course, Tolkien is on the list. I've been slowly chugging away at The Return of the King. That's one that I read when I have the spare time. I could be doing that now, you know! (Actually, I should be working on my presentation right now...) Next is Thomas C. Foster's How to Read Novel's Like a Professor. I am using this as a source for my aforementioned presentation. As much as I hate to admit it, I kind of am enjoying the book. And last, but certainly not least, is Over Nine Waves. I'm reading this for my Literary Ireland class and it is absolutely fascinating! I love reading through all the myth cycles (Mythological, Ulster, and Finn) as well as the Saint's stories (I've always loved St. Patrick :o) That's all for today...and if you're lucky, you may have something tomorrow!

"For three days his enemies watched Cuchulainn. The ravens of battle, the Morrigu and Badb, hovered around his head and at last the hero light faltered, flickered and went out." -Over Nine Waves by Marie Heaney

No comments:

Post a Comment