Friday, January 16, 2015

The Boy and I

          Hello everybody. This semester I am taking a creative writing class and the first half is on poetry. I know, I know, I used to write poetry all the time. But that was back when I was a gloomy 'oh poor me' kid. I liked to write sad poems about how my life sucked. (Which is a lie. My life has actually been incredibly blessed.) Anyway, I'm sort of panicking about trying to write poetry, even though that's all I used to really write. Well, I wrote one and I don't think it's half bad. (Still, not that great. But not that bad either.)

The Boy and I
By: Me

A day ago
Or maybe more
I knew a boy.
We laughed at him
and we teased him.
He was not smart
and he was not kind.
But then,
neither was I.

A day ago
Or maybe more
I thought of the boy
Our cruel words
and our malicious grins.
He must have been lonely
and he must have been lost.
But then,
so was I.


       So that is the poem I wrote. Like I said, not that good, but not that bad. Maybe I'll improve. Regardless, I will continue to share with you the things I write for this class. (Unless it's absolutely dreadful, in which case, I won't.)

"Well, sometimes home is a person." -A Million Suns by Beth Revis

No comments:

Post a Comment