Thursday, January 8, 2015

Confessions

          Hey there everyone! I'm sorry it's been awhile (a week?), but I just haven't really had any inspiration to write. However, last night as I was trying to fall asleep, I made the decision to tell you all something. I have two confessions that I need to make. Both are things that I have tried very hard to repress. I've tried not thinking about it and I've tried to turn my thoughts towards other things. And it is tough for me to admit this, but I can't live with this secret anymore. I will no longer be ashamed! Although, I'm not quite sure how to even go about telling all of you. I suppose the best way would be to just do, right? Alright. Well, here goes...
          I secretly like Taylor Swift and think man buns are attractive. There! I said it! It's out in the world now and there's no going back. Shall I expand these thoughts? Yes. Yes I shall.

          We'll start with Taylor Swift. I went through a phase when I loved her (I own two of her albums: Fearless and Speak Now). Then I didn't like her. At all. I hated that she sang pop music, but was nominated for country awards. I hated that all her songs were about love interests. I hated when she 'officially left the country scene', because, honestly, she was only really there for her first album, maybe even her second one. But from then on, she was pop. Not country. To me, she was a traitor. Then, I slowly was exposed to how awkward and weird she was. And I saw her 'Shake it Off' video and I can't help but like the song. She started to seem like a person, rather than a 'celebrity pop star'. Then I started listening to her music again and I remembered that I actually liked it once upon a time. Needless to say, I am a (does T Swift have a pet name for her fans?) fan of Taylor Swift once again.

         Man buns. I love them. I've always kind of had a thing for men with flowing locks (thanks a lot, J.R.R. Tolkien) and the man bun just looks really good on some people. My favorite man buns are those of Orlando Bloom (he was just made for long hair and he's gorgeous), Chris Hemsworth, Jake Gyllenhaal, and Jared Leto. I didn't even know who Jared Leto was until I saw his man bun on Pinterest. And I don't know if Johnny Depp has a man bun or not, but he could definitely pull it off. (I just looked it up and I did find a picture of him with a man bun. I don't know if it's current, but it looked darn good!) However, as oddly appealing as this hair style is, it doesn't work for everyone. Would you like a list of people that (in my opinion) just don't pull it off? Of course you would! Shia LeBeouf, Colin Farrell, Leonardo DiCaprio (sorry Leo, I love you, but I just don't love your bun), and Harry Styles (I apologize to the Directioners out there who would sell their soul to touch his hair, but I think he should cut it. Or at least grow some facial hair if he's going to keep the hair long).

          Okay. Well, I'm glad I got that out there! In other news, I have no other news. Honestly, I have nothing for you. I would take recommendations for a book to read, because I would love to write another book review, but I'm a bit at loss for what to read. I definitely want to read something new. For once in my life, I'm slightly sick of re-reading my books. I was actually asked to read a coworker's book today, but I can't put a review up because it isn't published yet. He's going for it though! It sounds like he's actually really close to getting it published, which will be very exciting for him. Well, and me...I'll get to read it before it's published! And I'll be on a first name basis with an author. Sounds pretty cool to me.

          So. List of things for you to do:
                 1. Recommend a book for me in the comment section
                 2. Look up pictures of Jared Leto's hair (it's gorgeous and I am jealous)
                 3. Rock out to Shake it Off
                 4. Talk to someone you haven't talked to in awhile; call them! (It's a New Year's                                    Resolution thing)

*Update* Taylor Swift fans are called 'Swifties'.


"Confession is not betrayal. What you say or do doesn't matter; only feelings matter. If they could make me stop loving you-that would be the real betrayal." -1984 by George Orwell 
                 

2 comments:

  1. Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close! Borrow it from me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would love to! I'll get it from you eventually :o)

      Delete