Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Picture Day

          I realize I'm doing a pretty poor job of posting book reviews and other things. Don't worry! I'm reading two/three new books! So you should expect at least one new book review (hopefully before the month is over!) I do have one poem for you, from my creative writing class. I believe I told you about it in one of my earlier posts. Sort of...I think I mentioned having a poem that I couldn't share because I turned it in. Well, I got it back and now I can share it. Before I do, I'm just going to warn you that I wrote it ten minutes before class and I didn't really have the time to actually attempt to make it good. (So I suppose that means, if one were to truly try to 'Make it Good' as the title of my blog suggests, time would be a determining factor. Hmm...that'd be something to write about.)
          Anyway, here it is:

Picture Day
By: Me

A plain backdrop
blue as the ocean at dawn
Behind, a wall
as empty as my mother's lawn.
The line of students,
faceless and plain
await the few moments
when they get a turn
to stand in front of the ocean
at dawn.

          Like I said, I wrote this in ten minutes or less. Please don't judge my horrid poetry writing. I am not a fan of writing it and I'm sure that translates into my poems. I wrote a horrible villanelle yesterday, which I don't think I'll be sharing with you. It was really bad. I don't even think I'll get full credit for it, it was so bad. On the plus side, we only have a few more weeks of poetry and then we get to move on to prose. Finally!! And now I'll leave you with a quote.


"Stars are beautiful, but they may not take part in anything, they must just look on forever." -Peter Pan by J.M. Barrie

No comments:

Post a Comment